Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Girl, Natalie!

So, I don't expect this to be the only post you'll read about my best girl, Natalie, or "Heavy Nan" as she's recently come to be known. (I wish I had a picture of her eating right now because that's why she got that name... Heavy Nan like to eat. :)

She'll probably kill me for posting all this... Hahaha.

Natalie and I have been friends for as long as I can remember, (we were in 5th Ward nursery together). Some friendships last as few as 6 months. Natalie and I have had phone conversations that have lasted that long (as well as games of "UNO") We've been best friends for 9 years now. Since the day I invited her over to do homework for a class we had the same. We turned on the TV and started to watch Joe Millionaire and got hooked. She came over every Monday night for a while. Turned into every Tuesday night for Supernatural. And eventually, every Tuesday night turned into pretty much every night. We started the greatest tradition ever consisting of pizza rolls, gatorade, chili cheese fritos and the movie , What Lies Beneath. We did this at least 3 times a week for many months and I can easily say I've never seen any movie more times than that one. It STILL freaks me out!

Natalie and I have everything and nothing in common. Most people that meet the two of us together can't believe that we're even friends. We're SO different! But after hanging around us a bit, you see it just fits! We're completely connected by the mind and soul and are truly kindred spirits! You will never find another set of bosom friends like us.

As I just said, Natalie and I are so different. Practically night-and-day. We've never had the same taste in boys, movies or music. Our personalities are so different as well. She's really shy to those she doesn't know very well and I'll go up to a hot guy I've never met and ask him what time he's picking me up on Friday. Jk! Natalie is without a doubt the FUNNIEST girl I know and she can make me laugh like no one else on this planet. SO FUNNY! She doesn't think she's funny which makes her even more funny. Now hey guys, I know what you're thinking. Of course she's funny, she's blonde... NO! She's just hilarious! And if you think one more bad thing about my heavy, blonde friend, I will go carnival freak crazy on your face! I am serious! I will scratch your eyes out... *one eye squint*

She knows all my faults (which is easy since there's really not many), my weaknesses (which isn't much) and insecurities. She is also very good at picking out when I say something that I hope no one hears... Hahaha So funny.

Natalie is the greatest example in the world to me. She is the most humble girl and has taught me so much about true love, charity, and the pure love of Christ. She has overcome so many obstacles that have made her an even more wonderful daughter of God. There have been times in our friendship that one of us had to remind the other of our Heavenly Father's love for us and rely on the others' testimony before we were able to find our own again.

I am so lucky to have her as an example of what love REALLY is. After going through high school with Natalie having no interest in love or romance, Natalie ended up marrying the love of her life! A real life love story (it's possible, people!) She never hesitated at the fact that she knew she would be taking care of a quadriplegic the rest of her life. I can't even describe the respect I have for that girl for the extra effort she puts into being a wife everyday and caring for the man that she's sealed to for time and all eternity.


I really don't know what else to say more about Natalie, there's so much more I wish I could say but there are just too many to even think of! All I can say is I am a better person for knowing her. I wouldn't be who I was today without this crazy girl in my life. We have the BEST memories together and I know there will be many more to come. I seriously cannot wait to get to heaven to see the movie of our friendship. Try and get an admission ticket and watch it with us. You'll laugh, you'll cry (because you're laughing so hard)!

Oh my gosh, look how tan I am! :(

1 comment:

  1. Ok. You made me cry. (Then I laughed at your profound concluding line.) That was the sweetest thing ever. We have so many great memories! You are the best friend a girl could have and I don't deserve your friendship, but I cherish it with all my heart! I don't even know what else to say, this was just so sweet! I love you!

    ReplyDelete