Friday, April 22, 2011

4th Day before Easter

4/20/2011
Although the scriptures don’t say what Jesus did on this day, we can imagine He spent the day with His disciples, perhaps telling the parable of the ten virgins. See Matthew 25:1-13.
The Parable of the Ten Virgins is one of my favorite... it also scares the crap outta me. . . will I be prepared and be there, ready to meet the Savior at his second coming? Have I done any good in the world today? (I made that up... *eye shift*). Is my oil full so I can find my way to my Savior? I always imagined myself one of the ones who didn't make it, who had the door shut on them by the bridegroom. . . that would be beyond devastating!!! I think we do that a lot as human beings. Most of the time, we think of ourselves as unworthy, worthless, unloved, shut out. But that's not the message of this parable at all.

It's meant to give hope, guidance, and something to look forward to. There are days when I can't WAIT for the second coming to occur (mostly because it feels our world/country is going to hell) and I think, "I'm ready. . . I'm ready for this to be over with!" but I think that's just part of the challenge. Always be ready. Not just when you feel you're ready. Constantly continue to fill your oil lamp with service, love and charity towards others.

No comments:

Post a Comment