Friday, April 22, 2011

3rd Day before Easter

04/21/2011

Passover started and Jesus told His disciples that one of them would betray Him. He then introduced the sacrament to them. Jesus went to the Garden of Gethsemane to suffer for our sins and pray mightily to God. Angry priests and townspeople came to arrest Him. The disciples fled in fear.

What an important day this was... I don't even know if my words can express my feelings towards this day of our Saviors life... I really don't think there are words to express the debt each of us owe that will never be repaid. Words cannot describe what Jesus Christ went through that night as he felt more pain then anyone can even begin to imagine. All the sins, the hurts, the pains both physical, mental and emotional. For all of God's children. Every single one including me and you.

All I can say is, I am SO GRATEFUL for the blessing the Atonement is in my life. The infinite gift that brings hope, joy and comfort in every aspect of it.

I know the Atonement is real. I have felt it's healing power in my life and the life of my family and friends. I know that Christ is mindful of each one of us. D&C 18:10, The worth of every soul is great in the sight of God. Consider the lilies of the field. Everything beautiful around us is a gift from Him. I am so blessed to have this testimony I share with you all. . . reflect on what the Atonement means to you and your life.

Please watch this video and if you would, post your comments about how you felt during it.


1 comment: